Camp-to-Cottage Summer Day Camps
Monday, June 27 - Friday, September 2$1270.52
No commutes, no worries about masking or lack thereof (we only work outside!), and campers are engaged, active, and learning with their friends right on their own docks. It shouldn’t have surprised us that it didn’t take long to book up completely solid for 2021!
Your Own Family Forest School
These five-day backyard adventure camps are a unique opportunity for kids ages 6-11 this summer to forge life-long friendships in the context of an unforgettable outdoor education experience right outside their front door. Our guides are certified outdoor educators, with wilderness first aid, waterfront safety, and are required to maintain vulnerable sector checks.
• WILDERNESS LIVING SKILLS & BUSHCRAFT including hands-on learning about shelter, fire-building, water purification and positive mental attitude.
• CONNECT WITH NATURE through tree, plant, and animal identification, ecosystems and wild communities exploration, tracking, and more.
• LEARN TO CANOE with our roster of safe and swift ORCKA Instructors who offer Basic Canoe flatwater paddling certifications Levels 1, 2, 3, and 4 (depending on demonstrated skill level). These certifications are designed to turn beginners into effective paddlers and eventually into YOUNG TRIPPERS!
A Camp-to-Cottage forest school experience is a perfect opportunity for kids to connect with themselves and others through connecting with nature. They upgrade their skills of SELF-RELIANCE, TEAMWORK, and DETERMINATION, and achieve goals that will serve as personal touchstones in the face of life’s obstacles. Our leaders are trained in how to mobilize the natural and cultural heritage of the landscape and waterways of the rugged LAND BETWEEN to offer a perfect occasion for kids to connect with nature through water, fire, wild edible foraging, or gliding silently alongside the wildlife that call your backyard their home.
• Week 1 – June 27- July 1, 2022
• Week 2 – July 4-8, 2022
• Week 3 – July 11-15, 2022
• Week 4 – July 18-22, 2022
• Week 5 – July 25-29, 2022
• Week 6 – August 1-5, 2022
• Week 8 – August 15-19, 2022
• Week 9 – August 22-26, 2022
• Week 10 – August 29-September 2, 2022
Your family cottage, home or wilderness property anywhere within Township of North Kawartha, Township of Douro-Dummer, Lakefield, or Curve Lake First Nation.
*If your cottage does not fall within this jurisdiction but is still of a reasonable distance from Apsley, please get in touch. We’d love to work something out!*
Pricing (up to 5 campers):
• Half-Day (9am-12pm OR 2pm-5pm, Mon-Fri) – $1124.35/week+ taxes
• Full Day (9am-3pm, Mon-Fri) – $2200/week+ taxes*
*Please note that Full Day sessions include a 30min lunch break for your guide to recharge and prepare for an afternoon full of adventure! Parents should be available to supervise campers during this 30min period.
* Please note that all campers will be required to have received at least two doses of a Canadian-approved COVID19 vaccine at least two weeks prior to your camp dates, unless unable to do so due to a pre-existing medial condition. *
Each camp session is led by a responsible first-aid certified guide with an aptitude for hygiene and health & safety best practices, so we are trying our best and are acutely aware of the Covid-19 challenges our communities face. We have adapted our programs and policies to maximize the health and safety of our participants with no more than 5 campers in each session. We are enforcing social distancing and can guarantee that our participants are NEVER INDOORS for the duration of their experience. One of the best things about working with us is that we are spending time together in the best possible circumstances for the lowest possibility of transmission: outside! It’s easy for us to spread out, and the canoe is the perfect vessel for social distancing as both paddling and portaging naturally keep us more than two meters apart.
For questions and to register, please reach out to Sally at firstname.lastname@example.org.