- This event has passed.
Horton Tree Farms Maple Syrup Festival
Saturday, March 9 - Sunday, April 7
Time to visit our Maple Sugar Bush and sample the sweetness of spring. Come and enjoy the simple pleasure of being in the fragrant maple woods on a crisp March or fresh April day. Smell the sweet aroma billowing from the sugar shack as the maple sap is boiled down to syrup. Savour the taste of hot pancakes fresh off the griddle smothered with our homemade maple syrup in the old log cabin. Experience maple syrup being made in the pioneer and modern ways is a Canadian tradition to be enjoyed year after year. We have been welcoming people to our traditional, family-run operation since 1963.
- self guided and guided tours (lessons in maple syrup production, trees, nature appreciation and ecology
- wagon rides
- sap and syrup samples
- log cabins
- hiking trails
- pure maple syrup and maple products
- hot drinks
- Saturdays and Sundays: March 9 to April 7 : 9AM to 4PM
- The festival is open to families on weekends – No reservation required.
- All activities are continuous throughout the day – allow 2-3 hours
- Dress warmly and wear boots – expect snow or mud
Please note: Child’s Life makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information in our guides. However, we do recommend visiting event websites or calling event venues/organizers to confirm details such as location, dates, fees and other details that affect your outing.