- This event has passed.
Paddle the Rouge
Saturday, June 15 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EDTFree
Paddle the Rouge is a family fun day at Rouge Beach Park in Toronto, Ontario, that raises awareness for protection of this natural gem in the heart of the GTA.
With over 20% of Canada living within an hour’s drive of the Rouge Valley, this remarkable natural area and its wildlife are a treasure we are working to protect. Rouge Park is home to over 1,700 species of birds, fish, mammals, insects, reptiles, amphibians, and plants, including 23 species at risk. The Rouge Valley also contains one of Ontario’s best remaining examples of Carolinian Forest and the last intact watershed in the area.
PADDLE THE ROUGE BRINGS TOGETHER YOUTH AND FAMILIES FOR A TRULY CANADIAN EXPERIENCE.
The event is all ages and features:
• Free paddling sessions for youth ages 5-18. This includes dry land training and on the water paddling. No experience required;
• Public paddle. Boats available for rent either in advance or on the day, subject to availability. You can bring your own canoe or kayak and register for the event to show your support for Wildlands League;
• Beautiful wildlife and serene waters;
• Special swag bags of goodies for registered paddlers;
• Learning & Activity Tables, including Parks Canada Learn to Camp;
• all beach activities are free of charge!
• And much more, to be confirmed.
Please note: Child's Life makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of information presented in our guides. However, we recommend visiting event websites or calling event venues/organizers to confirm details such as location, dates, times, fees or other information that may affect your outing.