respiteservices.com/york – “Creating Community Connections through the CHAP Program”
The CHAP program (Community Helpers for Active Participation) is an on-line registry that connects families of individuals with disabilities with screened, independent respite workers.
Why register with the CHAP Program?
Connectibility: Families can connect easily with respite workers either to work in the home and/or enable individuals to participate in the community.
Flexibility and Independence: Once registered, families can access CHAP workers as much or as little as needed. Families receive and review the profiles of respite workers and independently negotiate with and hire a worker that best suits their needs.
Who can register?
- Families and caregivers of individuals with disabilities *
- Agencies who wish to seek a CHAP worker for an individual with a disability.
How to register?
- On-line: www.respiteservices.com/york it’s fast, safe and secure!
- Paper: If you don’t have internet access, we will accept paper registration by fax (905) 898-1171 or mail (240 Edward St. Unit#3 – Aurora, ON L4G 3S9)
How are CHAP Workers Screened?
CHAP workers have a range of skills and expertise. Before being added to the CHAP Program registry, workers must meet a number of minimum criteria and submit documentation including:
- An intake interview
- A valid Police Check/Vulnerable Sector
- Two references
- Attend mandatory Orientation training
Are CHAP workers employees of respiteservices.com?
CHAP workers are not employees of respiteservices.com. They are self-employed, independent contractor respite workers who are paid by the families/caregivers who hire them.
To register as a CHAP Worker visit www.respiteservices.com/york and complete the Worker registration. If you have no access to internet, contact the York CHAP Coordinator at (905)898-6455 ext. 2247.
*includes children with a developmental or physical disability or autism and adults with a developmental disability or autism, determined eligible through the Developmental Services Ontario (DSO).