In a world of increasingly high demands for scientific and technological innovation, The STEAM Project encourages youth to use their skills to improve the lives of others through hands-on experiences with new and emerging technology while focusing on empathy and designing with purpose. We have been building our program for children and teens for over five years and are now active in both Richmond Hill and Markham.
- To make children & teens think about the future, including new improvements and inventions to better the lives of others through a human-centered approach to thinking & creating.
- Give innovative and inspired young people the opportunity to experiment in ways often unavailable at school with the technology often unavailable at home.
- Create a specific environment where new ways of thinking, learning, and imagining are valued & celebrated.
Our Core Principles
- Question the world around you; think alternatively and creatively.
- Take in as much as you can of every opportunity and experiment.
- Ask questions!
Think like an Inventor
- Have a Growth Mindset.
- Understand how other people think and feel differently.
- Make mistakes and take risks, but do so with purpose.
Develop Your Skills
- Learn how to use tools and technology and practice hands-on building skills.
- Apply original and innovative thinking.
- Ask yourself how you can help others.