Rooks to Cooks is an innovative culinary school for children and families. Inspired by her passion for food and education, chef and teacher Shai Mandel founded Rooks to Cooks with the goal of teaching kids cooking, life skills, and important lessons they can use both in and out of the kitchen. Chef Shai’s student-centered workshops emphasize empowerment, healthy eating, and fun. No matter your age or skill level, Rooks to Cooks is your child’s recipe for success!
- Virtual Summer Cooking camps (2020)
- PA day camps
- March Break camps
- After school classes
- Cooking Workshops
- Cooking Birthday parties
- In-home private lessons
What are the benefits of Rooks to Cooks’ programs? Children will learn many valuable skills, such as:
• Cooking skills
• Apply math and science in the real world
Summer 2020 Virtual Cooking Camps
Rooks to Cooks Virtual Cooking Camps are ideal for aspiring chefs, ages 7+. Classes are offered via Zoom. Campers will learn valuable culinary skills and recipes, and how to safely navigate a kitchen. These delicious week-long, half-day cooking programs are sure to satisfy your young chef! Professional chefs provide step-by-step coaching, cooking tips, and support. No matter your child’s current skills, learning goals and/or interests, there is a program for them!
- Dates: June 29 – Sept. 4
- Time Slots: mornings from 9:30am – 12:30pm OR afternoons from 1:00pm – 4:00pm.
- 12 campers per week; 1:6 staff-to-camper ratio
- Learn from experienced chefs via Zoom
- Cost is $140 – 175 per week
The Themes for our Virtual Summer Camp sessions include:
- Around the World Jr. and Sr.
- Budding Bakers Jr. and Sr.
- Cutting Edge Chefs Jr. and Sr.
- Perfecting Pastries Jr. and Sr.
- Sweet and Savoury Jr. and Sr.
Rooks to Cooks will help you plan a delicious cooking party for your chef-to-be! Aspiring young chefs will have a fantastic time preparing, eating and sharing a scrumptious dish that they created at their party.
Here are the details:
• Chefs bring all the ingredients, equipment, uniforms and loot bag materials; and clean up your space afterward.
• Parties range from 1.5 to 2 hours.
• The birthday child will get to keep their chef coat & apron as a birthday present from Rooks to Cooks.
• 6 classes to choose from: Pizza party, Pasta party, Lollipop party, Pie Party, Doughnut Party, or Sushi Party.
PA Day Cooking Camps
No School? Let us keep your kids busy in the kitchen! Children will learn to cook a hearty meal with seasonal veggies and fruits. They will make their own lunches and bring home a sweet treat to share with family too! Ideal for Ages 7 – 15. Cost is $105.
Currently offered at 2 GTA Locations for the 2019-2020 school year:
After School Programs
Classes are 1.5 hours long and are conducted in our summer camp church facilities once a week for 10 or 11 weeks. Students have the opportunity to learn how to cook and bake from professional chefs, and gain invaluable hands-on experience cooking homemade, delicious and nutritious meals that students and their families will love. Programs are always team-based and fun, not to mention jam-packed with recipes and samples to take home after every week. More info available on our website.