Rooks to Cooks
Rooks to Cooks is an innovative culinary school for children with 12 summer camp locations across Toronto and the GTA. Inspired by her passion for food and education, chef and teacher Shai Mandel founded Rooks to Cooks with the goal of teaching kids cooking, life skills, and important lessons they can use both in and out of the kitchen. Chef Shai’s student-centered workshops emphasize empowerment, healthy eating, and fun. Programs include children’s cooking day camps, birthday parties, after school classes, in-home private lessons and more. No matter your age or skill level, Rooks to Cooks is your child’s recipe for success!
What are the benefits of Rooks to Cooks’ programs? Children will learn many valuable skills, such as:
• Cooking skills
• Problem solving
• Apply math and science in the real world
Summer Cooking Camps
Rooks to Cooks Summer Cooking Camps are ideal for all aspiring chefs. Classes are hands-on, educational, team-based and FUN. Campers will learn valuable culinary skills and recipes, and how to safely navigate a kitchen. It will be a memorable camp experience for your young one!
• 12 Locations in the GTA
• 10 Sessions to choose from, for children Ages 6+
• 20 campers per week
• 1:5 staff-to-camper ratio
• Learn from experienced chefs
• Lunches, chef uniform, and safety glove are included in registration fee
• Cost is $420-$525 per week
The Themes for our Summer Camp sessions include:
• Around the World
• Budding Bakers Jr.
• Sweet and Savoury Jr.
• Sweet and Savoury Sr.
• Around the World First Class
• Perfecting Pastries
• Master Chef
• Master Chef 2.0
Rooks to Cooks will help you plan a delicious cooking party for your chef-to-be! Aspiring young chefs will have a fantastic time preparing, eating and sharing a scrumptious dish that they created at their party.
Here are the details:
• 2+ Chef instructors arrive at the space of your choice 1 hour prior to your party to set up.
• Chefs bring all the ingredients, equipment, uniforms and loot bag materials.
• Parties range from 1.5 to 2 hours.
• After the party, chefs will clean up your space completely.
• The birthday child will get to keep their chef coat & apron as a birthday present from Rooks to Cooks.
• 6 classes to choose from: Pizza party, Pasta party, Lollipop party, Pie Party, Doughnut Party, or Sushi Party.
After School Programs
Classes are 2 hours long and are conducted in our summer camp church facilities once a week for eight weeks. Students have the opportunity to learn how to cook and bake from professional chefs, and gain invaluable hands-on experience cooking homemade, delicious and nutritious meals that students and their families will love. Programs are always team-based and fun, not to mention jam packed with recipes and samples to take home after every week.