Heading into the forest in the winter can be an almost magical outing for the whole family. Bring along a camera to capture the quite beauty of the forest this time of the year. Find a trail for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing below, forest tracts make great winter (and summer) hikes as well.
If you know of a great spot for Cross-country skiing please help us add to our guide by commenting below.
Albion Hills Conservation Area
Cross country Skiing and Tobogganing.
16500 Hwy. 50, Caledon, Ontario
Tel: 1 800-838-9921
Cold Creek Conservation Area
6.6 km of beautiful scenic trails there is a trail for all ski levels. Beginners can enjoy the interior park while experts will be excited to explore the southern trails. Rentals available.
14125 11th Concession, Nobleton Ontario
Tel: 905-833-5321 x5233
Cross-country & Downhill Skiing. Lessons and rentals available.
1220 Lakeridge Road Road, Ashburn
Tel: 905 649-5593
Cross country ski the natural way on 16 kilometres of non-groomed trails. Enjoy a snack and hot drink at the café. Skiing is dependant on weather conditions so call ahead for an update.
9550 Pine Valley Drive, Vaughan
Tel: 905 832-2289
Scanlon Creek Conservation Area
Offers 13 km of ungroomed cross-country trails.
Bradford West Gwillimbury, Ontario
In Simcoe County just north of Bradford at Yonge Street and Concession 10
Sibbald Point Conservation Area
8 km of ungroomed trails are available for cross-country skiing. The main park road and a parking lot is kept open for winter visitors.
Sibbald Point Provincial Park, 26465 York Road 18, R.R.#2 Sutton West, Ontario
Tel: 905 722-8061
Scenic Caves Nordic Centre
Located high atop Blue Mountain, the Nordic Centre sits amidst a 200 year old forest, on 370 acres of the magnificent Niagara Escarpment. Glide along 27 km of cross country ski trails professionally groomed for both classic and skate skiing.
260 Scenic Caves Road, Blue Mountains, Ontario L9Y 0P2
Highlands Nordic Centre
Located on the Niagara Escarpment, Highlands Nordic hosts amazing views of Georgian Bay and bountiful nature. Enjoy 24km of ski trails, single track trails for racing and programs, and an 8000 square foot lodge complete with cafeteria, meeting rooms, pro-shop, and rentals.
1182 Nottawasaga Concession 10 South, Duntroon, ON L0M 1H0
Toll Free: 1 800 263 5017
York Regional Forests
- York Regional Forests offer various locations of ungroomed cross-country ski trails. No rentals or fees.
- Bendor and Graves tract – 201 acres on Concession 6 in East Gwillimbury. Foot entrance off of Kennedy Road, north of Davis Drive.
- Brown Hill tract – 220 acres on Concession 6 East Gwillimbury. Foot entrances off Ravenshoe Sideroad, west of Kennedy Road and off Kennedy Road, north of Clark Road.
- Headquarters tract – 195 acres on Concession 8 in Whitchurch-Stouffville. Car entrance off Highway 48, south of Vivian Sideroad at Cherry Street.
- Zephyr tract – 210 acres on Concession 8 in East Gwillimbury. Foot entrance off of Holborn Road, east of Highway 48.